Friday, September 10, 2010

Our Second Week

Last week was our first week of school and it went pretty smooth. Of course, first week is usually a time for getting use to a school schedule again and everyone is in a very good mood. P.E. did not start until this week so last week we had plenty of time. Usually our Wednesdays are full of outside activities that we hardly get to do school stuff.
This week we have our full schedule with all the outside activities we have. AWANA will start next week and after that we are back to our usual school year schedule. This year I have decided to join two homeschool groups that I thought will add a little bit of spice to our homeschooling. One group is a weekly park day group, that meet every Friday afternoon. Kids get to see their friends and have the chance to play and talk to other kids. The other one is a Nature outing group that meets every other week in a Recreational park for a walk. I have been looking for this kind of group for a long time now and it is surely more fun to walk in nature with other people and other kids. Plus you get to know more about plants and animals with people who really know more about nature.
Though I am still deciding whether to sign up for a field trip kind of group which I thought will help us decide for field trips we go to this year. I have to sit on this one and ponder a little bit more. I don't want to join a lot of groups and later won't be able to participate because of scheduling issues.
For now, kids are happy, they get to see their friends on weekly basis, play sports and walk in nature. I think we are of to a good start this year. And so far I am contented.
I have some pictures here from our activities this week to share. To all of you, who are also starting their year, I wish and pray for a wonderful year ahead.







4 comments:

Mom31257 said...

I like the pictures. It sounds like it is going to be a great year!

MissMOE said...

The nature walk group seems so neat. If I had a group like that nearby, we would actually go on nature walks! And by the way, your boys are so handsome!

Cara said...

Jealous for the nature walk group! We belong to a Friday group as well and my children love it. It looks like you had a really good week, I hope the next proves just as good!

Bright Sky Mom said...

The nature walk group sounds wonderful! I'd love for something like that for my children!
Lee (5wolfcubs)