Friday, May 23, 2008

School is OVER!!!

We are finally done in our school this year. I am so happy. This was our second year of homeschooling and I am so glad it's over. Everyday I question myself if I will be able to do this or if I am doing a great job. And this year was a good year for us. We finish our Math program early and I was happy about that. Though we are still waiting for the SAT result for this year. I don't have a doubt that he'll do good but of course my husband wants a proof that everything in our school is doing great.
Next school year, I will have my 4 year old son joining us for his Preschool. I am so excited about that. I already bought him school books and he is so excited about them. I just can't figure out yet the schedule for my 2 kids. Jhosh will be in Grade 4 and Alden is in Preschool. But I guess, I will just continue reading to Alden and teaching him his alphabets for the summer. I never really do it as a "school" type anyway. I want him to enjoy so learning comes easy.
But I plan on taking 2 weeks break and then Jhosh will do Math 3 times a week this summer so he won't forget his math skills. We will also do Classical Writing Aesop A this summer. We don't do formal writing lessons during school days only narrations and I wait until summer till we do the formal lessons. So that's what is in our plate this summer.
Curriculum wise, I already bought everything for this year. So every night I try to read the books so I won't be cramming this year. I know it's a lot of work but I know I need to do it.
Well, I am just happy this school year is over. I get to rest for a little bit before we do it all over again.

No comments: