Friday, June 6, 2008

Curriculum Choice for School Year 2008-09

Well I have been planning our school this year for both my sons, Grade 4 and Pre k. So far this is what I came up for this year:

Grade 4

Math : Teaching Textbook 6 plus Singapore's Word Challenging Problems 4

Science: Apologia Exploring Creation with Botany
God's Design for Chemistry

History: Story of the World 2
Our Island Story

Language Arts:

Grammar: Rod and Staff 4
Writing: Classical Writing Aesop A
Spelling: Spelling Power
Handwriting: Copywork from Ambleside Online

Poetry: Poetry for Young People
* Emily Dickinson
* Robert Frost
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

Foreign Language: Spanish: Rosetta Stone Explorer

Latin: Prima Latina

Elective: Typing: Mavis Beacon Deluxe

Pre K

Math: Singapore Early Bird Kindergarten 1A/1B

Reading: Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading
Literature: Before Five in a Row

and lots and lots of play....

Well that is my curriculum choice for this school year. I don't think I will change my mind anymore because I already bought everything and I don't want to spend anymore money. And I promise myself this year that whatever curriculum I decided to buy, I will use and try my best to make it work and not just give up easily. I have 2 months to read them and plan how to use them this year so that I will do. I just hope that with all our plans for summer, I will still have ample time to read and plan.

No comments: