Friday, June 25, 2010

at home during summer

Here are a few pictures I will post, telling you about our summer. We don't do much. Just hang around the house. The two play summer baseball every Thursdays and Saturdays. Jhosh does some review work in Saxon Math and Alden continues to read daily and occasional math lessons. My youngest one does all sorts of stuff. He starts to read fluently 3 letter words which is amazing how fast he gets reading. I guess all the exposures he had gotten from the 2 boys have paid off. No more worries for Mommy. I guess when they are young, you worry too much. You question yourself a lot if you can ever teach them how to read or teach them math. But eventually, the saying " children are like sponge" is very true. You expose them to reading and do a lot of math manipulative at home, and they will eventually get it. Summer is all about Mommy, as my kids say. I am so busy trying to figure out changes that should be done in our school, assessing curriculum and praying a lot that whatever decisions I make will bring good results for the kids this coming school year.


This is Taylor, trying to play checkers by himself.


Jhosh, doing some math in the morning.


Alden, doing his reading time.

No comments: