Friday, June 20, 2008

A New Plan

I knew that I would change my mind and I did. Regarding our writing program. This summer we will be finishing Classical Writing Aesop A and I think that will be the last one for us for that particular program. It seems like too much busy work for my son. He has been advance in all his subjects especially Language Arts and if we want to continue using CW, I have to let go of our Grammar program which is Rod and Staff. But my son told me that, he likes to learn grammar because of R&S. And he wants to continue using it because he enjoys it. So I started looking for another writing program. And with all the searching and reading reviews, I finally settled with Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW). I bought the TWSS and will probably get it next week. It's a pretty pricey curriculum but you can use it in any grade level so I think it's worth it. They have a lot of supplemental materials to go with it so that is also a plus. I just have to watch the dvds and I hope I will be able to do that this summer.
Another curriculum that we are changing is our Science program. For the last 2 years, we had been using Elementary Apologia, my son loves them, but he got bored and wants to try something new. He wants something with Life, Earth and Physical Science in a year. This is my problem now. I couldn't find something. We used BJU Science before but we didn't like the format. I was leaning now to God Design Series. I was thinking of choosing their Animal Kingdom for Life Science, Our Planet Earth for Earth Science and I will use Living Learning Science Chemistry, which I bought last year that we didn't use. So far, that's the new plan and changes for us this year. If I can just stop tweaking and doubting my choices. I pray that this will be the last changes I will be making for this year.

No comments: