Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekly Report (Nov. 16 - 20)

This week was a very quick week for us. I schedule our first term exam this week. It turn out pretty good. I am very happy with the result. From 1st grade to 4th, I did not feel the need to give any exams for each term that we do. I feel that it is more important to read and write. Enjoy reading alouds. Have tons of science experiments. And of course learn math without the pressure of being tested and graded. I felt that if a child is taught by his phase and just have a relax school environment, he is more than likely to pick up tons of stuff and learn faster. And I hope that my son have enjoyed his first 5 years of early education.And now that he is in 5th grade we are more geared to mastery and fully knowing the basics. And the only way to find out if he is getting what is being taught is to give exams. And I am glad I did. This tests will not only served as a basis for his grades but also served as a review for him. We already had 12 weeks of school and Thanksgiving break is coming and I want to end it with something good. The results were great. It made him really happy and appreciate his work more. And the results showed me that he is really getting what we are doing in class and I couldn't ask for more rewards than this. Another great reason to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day.

No comments: